Melvin Belk Roofing knows roofing problems can be a major headache. That’s why we offer professional, reliable roof repair services in Grand Rapids, MI and the surrounding areas. Our crews are well-trained and highly skilled, so you can trust us to get the job done right.
Here are some signs that your roof may require professional repairs:
- Leaks: If you notice water spots on your ceiling or walls, or if you see water dripping from your roof, it’s a sign that you have a leak. Leaks can be caused by a variety of issues, including damaged or missing shingles, cracked flashing, or a damaged roof deck.
- Missing Shingles: If you notice that some of your shingles are missing or damaged, your roof may require repairs. Missing or damaged shingles can be caused by severe weather, age, or improper installation.
- Sagging: If you notice that your roof is sagging, it’s a sign of a serious problem. Sagging can be caused by a damaged roof deck or structural issues and should be addressed as quickly as possible.
- Granule Loss: If you notice a large amount of granules in your gutters or on the ground around your home, it’s a sign that your shingles are losing their protective coating. This can be caused by age or severe weather, and it can lead to serious problems if not addressed.
When you choose Melvin Belk Roofing for your roof repair needs, you’re not just getting a crew of skilled roofers—you’re getting a team that cares about the quality of our work and the satisfaction of our customers. We’re committed to providing honest, reliable service at fair prices, and we stand behind our work with a satisfaction guarantee.
Types of Roof Damage We Handle
Wind Damage To Roof
Missing and wind damaged shingles can cause a leaking roof and lead to further deterioration. Similarly, flashings that have missing parts or have been removed mean that critical roof repair is needed. Because flashings are made of a thin material that is used to direct water away from the roof, missing pieces are an indicator that the waterproofing has become unsealed and more roof damage may follow. It is always a good idea to call a professional at the first sign of wind damage to avoid water from entering the house.
Strong hail storms can cause a large amount of damage to houses and roofs but the impact can sometimes be tricky to spot. Even if the fallout isn’t fully visible, damage to cars and houses nearby is a good way to know if you may have hail damage to your roof. Small rounded divets on shingles, missing granules, and a significant amount of granules in your downspout are also indicators that the storm may have created an issue with your roof. If you are unsure about the scope of the damage, our professionals can diagnose and estimate the extent, free of charge.
Nearby Trees and Falling Objects
Trees and other large objects falling on a house can result in damage of any size, from causing minor shingle damage to punching a hole in the roof. This damage is not always the result of a storm, as overhanging tree limbs will rot and break naturally, falling on roofs below. If not removed before snowfall, leaves and needles will become encased and trap moisture that seeps into shingles, eventually rotting support beams. And a particularly bad storm can topple trees or power lines and create major roof damage. The effects of these natural disasters can all be easily remedied by our skilled roof repair professionals at an affordable price.
Ice Dam On Roof
Freezing temperatures, a heated building, and a thick layer of snow are all ingredients in the perfect recipe for ice dams. These blockages are created when snow melts and refreezes on a slanted roof’s eave, creating a barrier that stops water from draining off the roof. When the water has nowhere to drain it remains on the roof, causing leaks and other damage.
Signs that an ice dam is present include:
- Icicles hanging from the side of the house
- Leaking causing interior water damage
- Gutters that won’t drain.
If you suspect that you have damage caused by an ice dam on your roof, remove the snow from your roof as soon as possible. Then contact our roofing professionals to assess the damage at no charge.
Our Grand Rapids roof repair team is here to help with all of your roofing needs. Whether you have a small leak or a major problem, we have the expertise to get the job done to your satisfaction. If you’re experiencing any signs of roof damage, don’t hesitate to give us a call. We’ll be happy to provide you with a free estimate and help you get your roof back in top shape.
Call or text (616) 522-8861 today or reach us through our site for a free estimate.